This addon provides M134, M240 door guns and the Remote Guardian Interim Defense Weapon System (IDWS).
This version is Multiplayer compatible - all previous MP issues are now fixed.
The manned MV22 Door Gunner versions for USMC, US, and BAF are found under Air > MV22-Door Guns (also under Empty > Air).
The IDWS is a belly-mounted M134 gun system purpose-built for the MV22. The IDWS is similar to a CROWS remote weapon system. The manned MV22-IDWS versions for USMC, US, and BAF are also found under Air > MV22-IDWS (also under Empty > Air).
NEW in version 2.1:
- Removed action shortcuts that interfere with keyboard flying (moveback, moveright) for those who still haven't bought themselves a joystick
NEW in version 2.0:
- MULTIPLAYER COMPATIBLE! All MP issues were corrected. No more duplicate guns in gunner view or when vehicle respawns.
- Gunner Get In/Get Out actions completely redone. You must be inside the vehicle for the Move to / exit from gunner position action to appear! No more trying to climb into the gun from outside the vehicle!
- The rear and door guns are added via a scripted "AttachTo" command at vehicle INIT. No additional work is required. No script or editing is required. Simply drop the vehicle into the editor or via MP spawn scripts.
- You must be in the MV22 cargo position to move into the gunner positions.
- Move from cargo/to guns and to cargo/from guns is now working.
- You can eject from Gunner positions.
- The door guns in this addon use new magazines that place tracers every round. The original BIS magazines are also fully supported.
- This addon could be adapted for use with any vehicle that has a ramp or as an alternative version for any "technical" vehicle. MLODs will be available soon after this version is released.
- The mission profile of these protected MV22s is significant. Protected vehicle towing/insertion is a real option. Protected fastrope insertions is now a possibility with these armed MV22 versions. Therefore a good fastrope addon is strongly recommended to get the most out of this addon. Mission makers should consider something like Norrin's fastrope addon: