Aliabad Region - Version 1.1 Released!
NEW UPDATE RELEASED!
- added a small new village, more compounds, ruins, rocks and various details to the area between the northern farmlands and the coast.
- added more buildings to the village of Abad, making it a bit larger.
- lowered a few buildings to try and avoid the AI from falling through the floor when entering.
- added a couple of lamps to Abad and Ahmad Golam.
- added a few more markers to the map (named a couple of ridges and such)
- added (hopefully correct) support for 8 digit GPS coordinates and ACE DAGR (thanks to Robalo and Wolf5)
Aliabad is a coastal region somewhere in Takistan (or another similar country), it consists of some farmlands, settlements, rolling hills and some canyons. There are two main farmlands aswell as a few scattered farms and compounds all over the map, all in all it is much more populated than my previous map, Hazar-Kot. It is still a rather worn-down area though, with many ruins (some old, some new) here and there. (Initially I had planned to cover pretty much the whole map with farmlands, but it proved to be too much work since there weren't any farms on the satmap to begin with, I've added those myself, I realized it would take too much time, and I'd lose interest in it) .
Download from ArmA2Base.de
Download from ArmAholic.com
Download from Armed Assault Info
Aliabad Region on Six Updater Portal
Some screenshots from the Beta, taken in Take on Helicopters, courtesy of Fox '09 (the most recent screenshots):
Some screenshots taken on an earlier version:
A lovely screenshot taken by CameronMcDonald:
A nice panoramic screenshot taken by Trracer
An amazing video showing some combat on the map by DetCord:
A quick flyaround by Jedra:
A flyaround on version 1.1 by Wastelander:
SOME MISSIONS MADE FOR THE MAP:
co8 - Operation Sabre By Mueller
[SP] Wipe-Out by Inlesco
Operation Charger by Sup3r6f0ur
Several of Wiki's missionsare made for Aliabad.
For those who want some more light in towns during the night:
Simple House Lights Script by tpw
Please report any bugs and problems in this topic! and let me know if you make any missions for it, so that I can put links to them here in the first post! (missions like Counter-insurgency for instance).