Real Armor Mod
Real Armor Mod 0.0.61 Alpha
- >>CBA<< (A3 beta version)
What does it do?
- Effectively eliminates the "hit point" system of vehicle damage*
- All damage is based on penetration, non-penetrating hits no longer harm vehicles*
- All weapons are given penetration values based on their real-world equivalents (or as near as can be in the case of fantasy/"future" weapons)
- HEAT warheads and anti-HEAT armor (composites like "Chobham", ERA, slatted armor, etc.) can be implemented.
- WARNING: tanks can be hard to kill--particularly from the front--this behavior is realistic & intentional!
- Alpha 0.0.1 Initial release
- A preliminary pass. Will give pretty good results for armor vs. armor.
- Slammer is immune to damage
- configs have not been trimmed or cleaned up at all - will not play well with other mods
- Alpha 0.0.3
- Slammer immunity fixed
- Starting to calibrate explosives & missiles (PCML & RPG-42 are done).
- APC's are still too damage resistant, but it's not terrible. (I plan to fix it).
- configs trimmed down and cleaned up to play better with other mods.
- Alpha 0.0.35
- Fix for PCML & RPG flying through vehicles.
- config files trimmed to the bone--only changed values are in there.
- Alpha 0.0.4
- Tweaked vehicles to make them more vulnerable to penetrating damage (particularly APC's). This also makes them slightly more vulnerable to non-penetrating damage, but I think the net result is more realistic.
- zeroed MBT passThrough, but retained on APC HitFuel (altho it diminishes the effect of armor thickness; you could even make this value higher to reflect sensitive fuel tanks I suppose)
- increased (weakened) explosionShielding on APCs
- Discovered adding caliber causes missile bugs and removed all missiles from mod for time being. :( They still work more realistically than they used to, but they do not use precise penetration values as the properly working weapons do.
- Alpha 0.0.5
- Missile & Rocket penetration enabled courtesy of Bakerman's AIS_Penetration (RAM variant)
- Advanced armor support but not for vanilla A3 vehicles
- Tank damage sensitivity increased
- Signed with my key to facilitate MP
- Alpha 0.0.6
- Fixed AIS munitioin problem
- Make tracked vehicles susceptible to mines
- Make APC's (especially AA variants) more sensitive to damage
- Alpha 0.0.61
- Fixed AIS munition offset caused by latest BIS update
- No changes to soldier damage
- No changes to air or sea vehicles (not yet anyway)
- *While this mod is not "perfect" (and probably never will be unless BIS decides to do some rewriting), the results--especially for A2 ports--are as detailed as you've seen in Arma. It probably outperforms all but the most hardcore armor sims (i.e. Steel Beast Pro).
What's the future plan?
- Olds (instigator and causer of mistakes)
- Bakerman (script guru)
- Sakura-Chan (for excellent contributions to the armor thread that kicked this all off)
- zGuba (all-around helpful BIS developer)
- Mikero's incomparable DOS tools!
- Hypnomatic & Dslyecxi (for the fun and useful projectile tracing script/scenario)
- VKing (for modding practices help from a pro)
- kju & the helpful gang at CUP
- See Documentation post.--applies to RAM config changes only.
- CBA & Bakerman's contributions (all scripts) are subject to their own licensing terms(!)
- I recommend you PM me for assistance if anything is unclear in the documentation.
Support our bug list Please click on these links & upvote them if you agree!
- Missile & Rocket ammo breaks when you try to use submunitions.
- You should be able to set the speed of ShotDeploy ammo.
- Missiles & rockets don't use caliber for penetration like other ammo types.