Fixed Range Nightvision
The default high dynamic range while using nightvision in the game is somewhat faulty.
Most of the time you can use it fine, but in some cases it becomes almost unusable.
A light source in view makes the entire screen black or draws a contrast that makes gameplay impossible.
This addon allows disabling the stock hdr engine in nightvision and allows manual adjustment of NVG exposure.
So as promised, this is essentially a port of my addon for arma1; (original thread here)
Note that while pre-v0.7 versions of the addon still work as-is on A2, it is recommended that you upgrade as it will have key-handler conflicts and might cause breakage
NOTE: Requires CBA!
You can configure the addon to your preferences at '<arma2 installation folder>dtaS_NVGS_NVG.hpp'
Differences to earlier A1 versions;
* It is now disabled by default - A2 HDR is greatly improved from A1, but still has some issues, so this addon needed to be made.
* Much cleaner code.
* Uses A2's new displayEventHandlers, so key conflicts should be gone.
* Put key assignments and the default setting in the file dtaS_NVGS_NVG.hpp, so those who don't like the defaults can change it
Future plans and current issues;
* No known bugs at the moment.. only concerns listed below.
* Are there any multiplayer issues? I don't play online much so i wouldn't know.
* displayEventHandlers still won't carry over a savegame, so to make it work i'm removing and re-adding them every second - is there a better way around this and are there any issues expected with this?